1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Rollback Features

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Suggestions and Feedback' started by TairkH, Jul 28, 2011.

1. TairkH

TairkH Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hello,

I notice when there is a update for plesk panel that i wait for a while and look at the this forum if everything went fine.....
    But when i reading a lot of problems i don't wanna update!!!!!

Because the is no rollback function in plesk.
    So is it not better to make a rollback function in plesk when a update fails or goes bad that you can do a rollback in versions like yum downgrade :)

Greetz

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Hello TairkH,

Thank you for the suggestion. We understand the importance of painless upgrade. Unfortunately rollback feature is extremely troublesome and may bring much more problems then upgrade. We try a bit different approach to make it better - since next version we will clearly indicate whether an update is raw or stable. If you are willing to get new features sooner you can choose raw option, if you'll prefer them tried by someone else first you can do stable option. Hope it will address the problem.

Regards