• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

rotating banner add script ?

hugosnel

Basic Pleskian
I would like to have a rotating banner in the web presence builder.
Can I add a script , if so which script is advised and how do I add it?
TIA

Hi hugosnel,

WPB doesn't support banner carousel at the moment, but we'd like to introduce it in one of the upcoming updates. I'm not sure if you can simulate it with a script, I haven't seen anyone do it.

I should be able to insert php coding for this I think. I will give it a try. An update including a caroussel wuold put WPB at the level of modern webdesign ...

Hi hugosnel,

Here is a way to simulate a rotating banner in WPB 10 with Javascript and CSS:

1. Integrate Javascript/CSS files into your WPB site, e.g. the ones from http://slayeroffice.com/code/imageCrossFade/xfade2.html.
2. Drop a text module onto the web page and put all the banners into it, switch to HTML and wrap the code with <div id="imageContainer"> [...code...] </div>.

Hope this helps.

Easy slideshow fix

Hi, I added a slideshow to a client website by making a very smaller banner for branding and then slipped the slideshow into the script editor underneath:

http://cloudsevenlimo.com.au

I used a programme called WOW Slider which has multiple options for adding and generating the code with very basic html skills (very basic)! You can download a free version that generates great slideshows with the option to purchase a multi website license without branding.

I hope this helps.

Patrick

Can you tell me how you integrated the code in WPB please?
I have generated an index page with part of the slider code in the <head> part and part in the <body>
How do I place that in the WPB editor?

Banner integration

Hi,

I stored the index page and contents files in a separate directory on my own website and pointed an iframe at that location, setting the size I wanted. Here is the script below, all you need to do is change the location to the directory you are storing the slideshow index and alter the iframe size to suit. Then paste the code into the Web Presence Script module wherever you want it to appear on your page.

<P align=center><IFRAME style="WIDTH: 920px; HEIGHT: 356px" height=226 src="http://www.genesisfx.com.au/cloud" frameBorder=0 width=670 allowfullscreen></IFRAME></P>

I hope this helps.

Patrick

Hi I came across your post and have also used wow slider to create an banner.. i am not tech savvy which is why i used site creator to start with.. is there a user guide to advise what you a re saying above?

Hi. Same story here..! I am a 'student' at building my first website using WPB. Please please if someone can write a very simple user guide in order to create a banner.. I would very much appreciate it. Cheers, Dafas

Hello Dafas,

If your WPB version is 11.1.0 or later: Try to use the Image Slider module. See the User's Guide for instructions. Good luck with your first WPB site.

Back