• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Roundcube 1.6.0 official released

Our Almalinux 8.6 defaults to PHP 7.2.24 which the "installto.sh" program doesn't like -- it wants 7.3 at least.

How can I SAFELY upgrade the system default PHP to php 7.3? Btw, I have *all* php versions already installed for plesk, under /opt/plesk/bin
(5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 8.0 8.1)

Thanks!
-t

but i'm a bit puzzeld I thought plesk on centos7 comes with a much newer mysql version than 5.5 per default
Plesk doesn't ship MySQL, it only downloads it from the original OS vendor repo, and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS).

I have updated Rouncube manually to 1.6.0 on CentOS 7 and everything has been working correctly until a moment later when sending errors appeared due to SMTP authentication problems. I had to revert the version to the one included with Plesk to recover the functionality.

I have updated Rouncube manually to 1.6.0 on CentOS 7 and everything has been working correctly until a moment later when sending errors appeared due to SMTP authentication problems. I had to revert the version to the one included with Plesk to recover the functionality.
did you backup: config.inc.php / defaults.inc.php and copy them back?
this may have been the problem

Well I'm not a master of Plesk to be honest, although I've done a few things when given good clean instructions.
I'm thinking of updated Roundcube as well.
Are folks saying that you can't or shouldn't do it on Centos 7. Heres my version.
CPUIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz (4 core(s))
VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.50_build1800230213.12 os_CentOS 7
OSCentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

I currently have Roundcube 1.6.1 (Release Roundcube Webmail 1.6.1 · roundcube/roundcubemail) installed, which can be downloaded at https://github.com/roundcube/roundc...oad/1.6.1/roundcubemail-1.6.1-complete.tar.gz

My server has CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 Update 2

The steps to follow are:

Login with SSL

Backup your config files: config.inc.php and defaults.inc.php from the folder: /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config

cd /tmp/
Mkdir roundcube
cd roundcube/
wget https://github.com/roundcube/roundc...oad/1.6.1/roundcubemail-1.6.1-complete.tar.gz
tar xvf roundcubemail-1.6.1-complete.tar.gz
rm roundcubemail-1.6.1-complete.tar.gz
cd roundcubemail-1.6.1
bin/installto.sh /usr/share/psa-roundcube
/opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php bin/installto.sh /usr/share/psa-roundcube if you have any php error or you can update your Centos 7 php How to upgrade PHP to 7.4 on Centos 7
after the installation is done, copy your backup of config.inc.php and defaults.inc.php back to
/usr/share/psa-roundcube/config

NOTE:
Repeat the whole process each time a Plesk upgrade reverts Roundcube to the original 1.4 version

Well I'm not a master of Plesk to be honest, although I've done a few things when given good clean instructions.
I'm thinking of updated Roundcube as well.
Are folks saying that you can't or shouldn't do it on Centos 7. Heres my version.
CPUIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz (4 core(s))
VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.50_build1800230213.12 os_CentOS 7
OSCentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

Back