• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved roundcube fails to load

Myron Williams

New Pleskian
Hi All,
I am having an issue with roundcube not loading. In the logs all that is shown is
PHP Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db_mysql.php on line 144
This happened after I update php and httpd. It was working before this. This is on a CloudLinux Server release 6.8 running plesk 12.0.18.

When I obtain the php information on what roundcude is running it shows that it is not loading the mysql or pdo modules.

I am not sure why or how to fix it. I could not find anything when I searched the web.

Thanks
Myron

Have you installed latest microupdate? As far as I remember, there was fix of this issue in the one of latest microupdates.

Thanks for the response.

I believe the micro updates have been installed. I do have it set to automatically check and install update.
The panel says last updated at June 15, 2016 04:14.
Is there a better way to see if the micro updates are installed.

Myron

To be sure, run this command:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

when I try to run the installer I get
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
I then grep for autoinstaller
# ps auxffww | grep autoinstaller
root 442219 0.0 0.0 103320 828 pts/3 S+ 05:43 0:00 | \_ grep autoinstaller

which shows that the process is not running.

In /tmp there is a file /tmp/psa-installer.lock

So the question is would it be safe to remove the file and try again?

Thanks
Myron

OK, I have successfully ran the autoinstaller. It ends with Patches were installed successfully. I ran it more then once and I received the same output of it downloading quite a few files and then ends with patches were installed successfully.

I still get the same result when I try to go to roundcude.

Thanks
Myron

Here is an update.
In /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.conf it has server places where it has a line like
FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX 53-alt-fastcgi
I noticed that on the web sites the php info just has list listed as fastcgi so I changed the lines to
FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX fastcgi
Now roundcube is working but this will happen again if I can not find why 53-alt-fastcgi is not working right and fix it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Myron

Here is an update.
After I got the work around in place so that roundcube worked it was discovered that email could not be sent. I get an authentication error
SASL LOGIN authentication failed: authentication failure
This is true even if the person is on the same server.

Also the changes that I made yesterday were overwritten by plesk so I had to make the changes again for things to work. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Myron

Here is an update
After changing the MTA to qmail and then reinstalling postfix and changing back the MTA to postfix emails could be sent though the server by webmail and smtpauth.
The php issue took more trouble shooting. The template /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/roundcube.php was changed and every instance of 53-alt-fastcgi was replaced with fastcgi. This made the configuration change to the /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.conf file so that any changes are not overwritten. It would appear that the alt-php-53 libraries are having issues but everything is working now.
If someone else has this problem then maybe this will help them

Myron

Back