• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue RoundCube error : Oops... something went wrong!

valko

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello
For 3 days it has been impossible to access the emails of my domains, when we launch webmail.xxxxx.com I have the error:
I found a "Resolved - Roundcube - Oops... something went wrong" ticket and followed @Peter_Debik's suggestion, uninstalled Roundcube via the Plesk installer, and i reinstalled but it didn't work, the problem is not solved.

Yesterday I managed to solve the problem thanks to a solution found in the forum, https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12376971436951.
but this morning the webmail is still inaccessible.

In the /var/log/plesk-roundcube file I have the following lines:
27-Nov-2023 21:06:32 +0000]: <685ngj7r> DB Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 201 (GET /)
[27-Nov-2023 21:07:28 +0000]: <3bn5pq7p> DB Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 201 (GET /)

I've gone through all the forum posts but I haven't found a solution to my problem.
Need an expert please.

thank

Hi @valko
The issue with the MySQL roundcube user is usually connected with an absence of such a user or other things like the user is corrupted, having an invalid password or not having enough permissions. The easiest way is indeed to reinstall the webmail or fix the database issue.
However, the other thing can be that there is an issue with the MySQL/MariaDB server itself that can get stuck or go down and up again from time to time - so I would also advise inspecting MySQL logs (e.g. "journalctl -xeu mariadb.service").
If that does not help, consider contacting our support because the issue does not seem trivial in that case.

Back