• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube/Horde and mod_php instead of mod_fcgid

kanada

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

is there any way to switch/change php handler for Roundcube and Horde webmails from mod_fcgid to mod_php?
I plan off FastCGI on the server, but i can't because both webmails are handled by mod_fcgid.

I don't understand why Roundcube/Horde run under FCGI while Atmail works on mod_php like a charm.

Please advise.

Regards,
kanada

Could you please explain why you do not want to use mod_fcgid? What is the reason?

I wan't to setup apache-mpm-itk instead apache-mpm-prefork. mod_fcgid doesn't work correctly with apache-mpm-itk module.
Moreover mod_fcgid willn't needed then and I plan to disable it entirely.

Roundcube/Horde lock me this operation.

I wan't to setup apache-mpm-itk instead apache-mpm-prefork. mod_fcgid doesn't work correctly with apache-mpm-itk module.
Moreover mod_fcgid willn't needed then and I plan to disable it entirely.

Roundcube/Horde lock me this operation.

You just need to remove mod_fcgid section and add mod_php section in Horde/Round configs, like /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.conf

<Directory "/usr/share/psa-roundcube/">
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride FileInfo
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Include "/etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.htaccess.inc"

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_admin_flag engine on

php_admin_flag safe_mode off
php_flag display_errors On
php_flag log_errors On
php_value error_log logs/errors
</IfModule>

Options -Includes +ExecCGI
</Directory>

and than change permission to user under which you are going to run this virtual host: # chown -R SomeUserName:SomeUserName /usr/share/psa-roundcube/*

Roundcube error "DB Error: Configuration error. Unsupported database driver" will means that there are still permission issue.

You should be ready to performing a lot of customization by switching to apache-mpm-itk. And I'd like to ask you which actual issues you are trying to avoid by this module?

Back