• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Roundcube stopped sending mails

@Ricardo Guerreiro

Please check your firewall settings, I am pretty sure that your case (which has a different root cause for the problem at hand, compared to the case of @ToniSoftware) is related to the VPS config and/or hosting provider default config ..... so try to determine what actually happens when using a local and an external connection to (on the one hand) smtp/smtps and on (the other hand) pop3/pop3s/imap/imaps: if that all works fine, then check the full roundcube config.

Essentially, the process above is a step-by-step analysis:

1 - check smtp and smtps connections: use for example telnet from a local and external machine.......if this works, no firewall issues and no postfix issues
2 - check pop3, pop3s, imap and imaps connections: if this works, no firewall issues and no dovecot or courier issues
3 - if either step 1 or 2 does not work: repair it and retry steps 1 and 2
4 - if steps 1 and 2 do work, but the issue still persists: then you are likely to have a broken roundcube config/setup (read: re-install roundcube)

Hope the above helps a bit.......regards!

Hi!!

My Firewall is ok.

I migrated the courier to dovecot. The problem persisted.

So I reinstalled Postfix. And the miracle happened!

The roundcube is sending emails normally.

Thanks to all for your help. :D

@trialotto

So I switched to from courier to dovecot, from postfix to qmail and reinstalled roundcube. Still the same error as mentioned above..
I'm kind of desperate right now..
I even gave plesk repair mail a try.. didn't fix anything

What do you mean by removing all files properly? Which files include that?

Regards

Hi... try Postfix again. And after migrating, reinstall the roundcube again.

Back