• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue route53 as DNS service for a Plesk subdomain (Manually)

SamurailAlex

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying to use route 53 as the DNS service for a new Plesk subdomain, but i'm not being able to configure it properly.
The idea is to mantain the domain in Plesk, as it is pointing to a running website, and use the subdomain for pointing to a s3 bucket (with static website hosting activated) named subdomain.domain.com.
I've created the subdomain in plesk and tried the following configs without succeeding:
  1. Created a "domain.com" Route 53 hosted zone
After doing it, i added the Route53 HZ nameservers to my domain DNS configuration in Plesk, without changing master/slave setup. In my Route53 HZ created an A record named "subdomain.domain.com" and pointed it to my s3bucket. Also i added a www.subdomain.domain.com CNAME record for redirecting to the mentioned A record. Didn't get any results
Later, i added the same route53 HZ nameservers to the subdomain DNS configuration in plesk, but neither this changed anything.
  1. Created a "subdomain.domain.com" Route 53 hosted zone"
Same configuration as previous step, but with different hosted zone.
Some Considerations
  • Deleted the default A record on Plesk for the subdomain (It was pointing to the hosting IP), both in domain and subdomain DNS configuration.
  • I lowered the TTL on Plesk to 5 min, and updates to 3 min.
  • Cannot create any A record pointing to the s3Bucket on plesk since i don´t have the IP of the bucket and cannot use an alias.
  • None Plesk record was added to any of my Route53 HZ
  • Bucket name same as subdomain
  • I'm not able to install AWS Route53 extension on Plesk.
Actually i'm trying to do the configuration only for the S3 bucket, next step will be adding a Cloudfront Distribution for my Subdomain.
Thanks in advance.

Back