• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com mirrorctl

Rene van Lieshout

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

When using mirrorctl I get an '@ERROR: failed to open lock file'. Could somebody check the logs? :)

./mirrorctl show-all-releases
Trying to get 'products.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... @ERROR: failed to open lock file
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1516) [Receiver=3.0.9]
ERROR: Empty error message from exec command: /bin/rm -f /var/www/vhosts/plesk-autoinstaller.local/mirrorctl-3.0.0/BUILD/products.inf3;rsync -auv --copy-links rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/products.inf3 /var/www/vhosts/plesk-autoinstaller.local/mirrorctl-3.0.0/BUILD/products.inf3

I'm unable to update the local plesk-autoinstaller mirror and i'm unable to create a new one (even using mirrorctl 3.0.1)

What is your OS? If CentOS, check location of lock file as parameter "lock file" in /etc/rsyncd/rsyncd.conf
Check permissions of this directory.

Hi IgorG,

Running CentOS 7 and I don't have a rsync daemon running. The error is also presented when I run the given rsync commando locally. The error seems to be on the end of rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com (which for me resolves to ch.origin.autoinstall.plesk.com)

I'm also unable to run `rsync -auv --copy-links rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/products.inf3 .` from my office environment

Back