• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com mirrorctl

Rene van Lieshout

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

When using mirrorctl I get an '@ERROR: failed to open lock file'. Could somebody check the logs? :)

./mirrorctl show-all-releases
Trying to get 'products.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... @ERROR: failed to open lock file
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1516) [Receiver=3.0.9]
ERROR: Empty error message from exec command: /bin/rm -f /var/www/vhosts/plesk-autoinstaller.local/mirrorctl-3.0.0/BUILD/products.inf3;rsync -auv --copy-links rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/products.inf3 /var/www/vhosts/plesk-autoinstaller.local/mirrorctl-3.0.0/BUILD/products.inf3

I'm unable to update the local plesk-autoinstaller mirror and i'm unable to create a new one (even using mirrorctl 3.0.1)

What is your OS? If CentOS, check location of lock file as parameter "lock file" in /etc/rsyncd/rsyncd.conf
Check permissions of this directory.

Hi IgorG,

Running CentOS 7 and I don't have a rsync daemon running. The error is also presented when I run the given rsync commando locally. The error seems to be on the end of rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com (which for me resolves to ch.origin.autoinstall.plesk.com)

I'm also unable to run `rsync -auv --copy-links rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/products.inf3 .` from my office environment

Back