• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Running Plesk in docker

quaylar

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,

Being a new Plesk user, I decided installing Plesk using the docker image available on the docker hub (plesk/plesk). I am not so sure that was a great idea. I did not pay attention to the command line parameters, but apparently there is no possibility to provide a volume for data to be persisted.

I have already installed a bunch of extensions and docker features (e.g. mail servers) and started to setup 1 domain. So - question to the pros here: Is anybody here executing plesk in a docker container on production systems? How do you ensure not losing your current configuration?
I cannot imagine that it is sufficient to simply have the container automatically restart on server reboot and regularly issuing a "docker commit" to persist the state into a new image?

Any tips highly welcome!

best,

--qu

I would not recommend using Plesk in docker in production. Only for some kind of tests, maybe.

Hello, plesk in docker should not be used in a production environment or for production purposes. It designed for integration (mainly API) testing and quick features overview without necessary VPS delegation and installation of a stand-alone product.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply! After digging around in this forum I kind of guessed/feared that. Unfortunate that there is no hint at all at the official docker hub page that this image is not meant to be used for production.

Do you know of any way I could export my current config, to import it into a new stand-alone installation? I would hate to go through the whole config process again.

regards,

qu

Back