• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scheduled Back-Up fails when max. number of backups is reached

W

WouterR

Hi,

I have Plesk with an automated (daily) back-up on one of the domains. He writes the back-up to a FTP server and that works fine.

But when the maximum of backups (2) on the FTP server is reached, Plesk doesn't delete the temporary files on the C: drive any more. The oldest backup on the FTP server is perfectly deleted and the new backup is written to that server with no problems.

I also get an e-mail with the following error log:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<object name="backup" type="backupowner">
<message code="ApplicationException" severity="error">Cannot export dump file 'domains\**domain**\**backup_name**_info_1010290300.xml' to 'ftp://**username**@**ftpserver**.com/' [Transport error: unable to delete directory: Curl error: failed writing received data to disk/application]</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

What does this mean and how can I get Plesk to also delete the temporary files on the C: drive?

How to fix this error is described in article http://kb.odin.com/en/6135. But as long as you have Plesk 9.x
you do not need to update psarepository.dll. This file is only for Plesk 9.0.0.
Just create value FtpRequestTimeOut in registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSAConfig\Config.
equal(type is DWORD) to 3600 (1 hour).

Also check this article http://kb.odin.com/en/6175

I added the register key. In two days I will know if it worked and I will report back here.

The added key didn't help, it still does not work.

To be clear: the back-up is written to the FTP location fine, but Plesk does't delete the temporary files on the C: drive afterwards. Also, the problem only appears when the maximum number of back-ups in the FTP repository is reached (and Plesk needs to delete the oldest one, which also works fine). Before that, Plesk perfectly deletes the temp files.

Also I checked the firewall, but it's completely disabled.

I think I know what the problem is. It seems that the free space on my C: drive is smaller than the total size of the back-up. When creating the temp file (on the C: drive), it stops because of the limited space.

Is it possible tot change the temp back up directory, because I have tons of room on the other drives in the server?

That is not what I meant. The back-up location is already moved. I'm talking about the temp location before writing to the FTP location. It is this folder now: C:/program files (x86)/Parallels/Plesk/admin/db

Hi

1)can anyone share how can we set pleskbackup to keep x number of backups on remote ftp and delete the oldest according to if maximim number of backups lmit has reached .
2)also is there a way to modify teh backup notification mail subject to refelect some tag in difference if its successfull backup or has any errors ( e.g. if ftp space is full and plesk backup is unabel to upload file) , unless one reads teh backup notification mail,attachement one doesnt get to knwo if it failed.

And yet again: no response any more from the Parallels team! Can anybody provide assistance?

Did you tried contact Support Team?

They referred me to the reseller but they don't know if moving the temp folder is possible. Maybe my story one more time:

When a FTP Back-up of a domain is started the following happens:

1) Plesk creates the BackUp on the D: drive (in the back up folder)
2) Plesk copies the files to the C: drive (which is the main, windows drive which also contains Plesk install) in the folder C:\program files (x86)\parallels\plesk\admin\db\
3) Pleks copies the files to the FTP Server
4) The files on the C: and D: drive are deleted

This was not a problem until the back up size became so big that the available room on the C: drive is not enough. Therefore the backup fails.

I would like to move the folder in step 2 to a different drive of the server, where I have plenty of room. Is this possible?

Can anybody from the Plesk team please tell me if this is possible (moving the folder from step 2 in my last post)?

Can anybody from the Plesk team please tell me if this is possible (moving the folder from step 2 in my last post)?

I can assume only that it can be changed in registry. Try to find and change it there.

I tried to search the registry for "admin\db" and I found 3 results:

Record with content "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\db":
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders

Record with content "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb":
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\*long code with numbers and characters*

Record with name "MySQLDBName" and content "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb":
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config

I think none of these registry items are what I'm looking for, right?

Is there nobody at Parallels who can tell me if the change of folder is possible?

Back