• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Scheduled Backup

Storm_

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Can't seem to find any information on this.

On the Scheduled Backup, I have it set to backup daily incrementally and to perform a full backup once a week. How does it decide when which day "once a week" is?

Thanks!

The first full backup will be created in the day when you create Scheduled Backup task. Then 6 incremental will be created and next will be full again.

Thanks, so how do I get it to run on the day I want? If I deactivate it now, then wait till the correct day and turn it back on, will it take an incremental that day or will it take a full backup that day?

I'm thinking of pausing it today (full backup), then starting it again Saturday, but only 3 days will have passed between, will it then do an incremental or detect that more than 1 day has passed and start again?

Well. When you resume paused Scheduled Backup task, the system will check when the latest full backup was created.
If full backup was created more than 1 week ago, new full backup will be created. If less than 1 week - next incremental backup will be created.

Thanks Igor, I've paused the backup now and will resume it next week then so that it can start with a full backup and hopefully be sync'd up from there.

Back