• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scheduled backups not running

J

jhghjgh hjghgkh

Hi all,

I've created a backup task for a domain, to run each week. Trouble is, it doesn't run. I've tried running backupmng manually, but it just exists immediately.

If I attempt to do a one-off backup of the domain via Plesk, this works, and it seems to trigger the scheduled backup to run - so I end up with two backups being generated at the same time.

I've found the table in the psa database which appears to control scheduled backups:

select * from BackupsScheduled\G
*************************** 1. row ***************************
id: 2
obj_id: 2
obj_type: reseller
repository: local
last: 2009-09-15 00:00:00
period: 604800
active: true
processed: true
rotation: 2
prefix:
email: xxxxxxxx
split_size: 209715200
suspend: false
with_content: true
backup_day: 7
backup_time: 10:00:00
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I can't see anything wrong with the above, but on the other hand, I'm not sure how it should look.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Hello,

The problem may be
1) incorrect time for backup creation start or
2) incorrect creation time shown in backup information.

According to Plesk database scheduled backup for server has the following configuration:

mysql> select obj_id, obj_type, last, period, active, backup_time from BackupsScheduled where obj_type='server';
+--------+----------+---------------------+--------+--------+-------------+
| obj_id | obj_type | last | period | active | backup_time |
| 1 | server | 2009-02-25 00:00:00 | 86400 | true | 06:30:00 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

The backup task is executed by Plesk utility backupmng that is launched from root cron tab:

~# crontab -l
1,16,31,46 * * * * /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
~#

The utility compares BackupsScheduled.last, BackupsScheduled.period in Plesk database and starts backup if current time is more then (BackupsScheduled.last + BackupsScheduled.period). Not in time set in BackupsScheduled.backup_time as it is configured.

In Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0 field BackupsScheduled.backup_time that equals to value "Start backup creation at (HH:mm)" in Parallels Plesk Panel does not affect creation time of scheduled backup.

Please, see the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/6194

Back