• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Scheduled Task Result Output to File

Ok, I ve fixed permissions
But, always the same error than before :

Connecting to REMOTE-SERVER.. connected.
ERROR: The certificate of 'exemple.com' is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of 'exemple.com' doesn't have a known issuer.
You can use the --no-check-certificate option. Be careful, because this opens you up to man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks, and is not recommended for anything where you care about security.

Oops, I am afraid I have deleted your answer, Dear Kaspar.
Anyway, I do not want to take such a risk to be faced as a men in this middle…

1) Again, whats the error when you run it via the scheduled task?
Connecting to exemple.com. connected.
2) Are you running the command via SSH with root privileges?
Yes, I guess so. Through Tools & Settings > ssh terminal

As the data that is downloaded is coming form a publicly accessible website anyway maybe the dirty hack adding "--no-check-certificate" as a parameter would be o.k. in this case to speed the solution up a bit. The requested file is not password-protected, and whether it can be downloaded from the website or is transported unencrypted through the net makes no difference regarding privacy.

Last edited:
Dear Peter,

Same error occurs with --no-check-certificate :

But, once again, both commands run smoothly within ssh…

Please provide the complete command string that you are currently using. Please so show a screenshot of the crontab page where you have configured that. Please also make sure that the command string, should it run longer than the visible part of the input field, does not include any additional parameters or is not duplicated by accident behind the actual string.

Please provide the complete command string that you are currently using. Please so show a screenshot of the crontab page where you have configured that. Please also make sure that the command string, should it run longer than the visible part of the input field, does not include any additional parameters or is not duplicated by accident behind the actual string.
It there a way to send the screenshot privately ?

@NicolasUni the "--no-check-certificate" parameter is not included in your command. Please add it to suppress the warning.
I'll remove the two screenshots as they contain sensitive data.

My dear Peter,
As I told you just a while, the error remains even with --no-check-certificate
Unfortunatly,

Cheers,

@NicolasUni which OS and Plesk version are you using?

Depending on which OS you are running you could try to install and update the CA certificates. Which only works if you are running a OS that still has active support (otherwise the CA bundle is probably outdated). This seems be the common consensus to solve the The certificate of 'remote-site' is not trusted issue. [1], [2], [3]

Ubuntu, Debian
Bash:
$ sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
$ sudo update-ca-certificates

RHEL (CentOS, AlamLinux, RockyLinux)
Bash:
$ sudo yum update ca-certificates

ask "wget -O httpdocs/wp-content/uploads/wbbb/events.json https://remote-site/agendas/events.json--no-check-certificate" completed with error in 0 seconds, output:

--2023-02-25 18:08:52-- https://remote-site/agendas/events.json--no-check-certificate
Resolving remote-site (remote-site)... 99.
Connecting to remote-site (remote-site)|99... connected.
ERROR: The certificate of 'remote-site' is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of 'remote-site' doesn't have a known issuer.
There is a space missing between the remote-site URL and the option.

Back