• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question scheduled task time and what it's doing

Susa

New Pleskian
Hi. I have a server with Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Debian 7.11

Inside the plesk panel on scheduled tasks I have the following tasks.

I am not clear when each one is done and what it refers to (what it do)

The one that puts 0 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * * I have no idea when it is performed

Could someone tell me what these tasks are about and at what time?
I know that at 06:30 am there must be some homework because at that time the system always is paralyzed for 2 minutes as if it were doing some updating.

Code:
sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches     * * * * *   

/usr/local/bin/apache.pl     */1 * * * *   

bash /usr/bin/hm_fix.sh > /dev/null 2>&1     */5 * * * *

/usr/sbin/ntpdate hora.roa.es > /dev/null 2>&1     */5 * * * *

/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/maintenance.php'
Extension wp-toolkit 0 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * *

/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/instances-auto-update.php'
Extension wp-toolkit Diariamente (00:00)

tar -zcf /var/backups/home.tgz /home/     Cada semana (Lu 05:00)

Hello,

That's about tasks, related to WordPress Toolkit module:

1. /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/maintenance.php - runs every 4 hours, validate cache of the list of avaialable WordPress versions and languages, refresh cache if it expired.
2. /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/instances-auto-update.php - runs once a day, about midnight, check available updates for registred WordPress instances, their plug-ins and themes, and installs core updates, if allowed.

And there is nothing doing a cron or similar at 06:30 am? Always my server stop to work for 2 or 5 minutes and after plesk say Plesk have been updated

Other question: You said that this means each 4 hours
0 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * *
what mean each number?
Is needed to do that each 4 hours?

Thanks a lot Aleksey

This numbers means hours when task is running: 04:00. 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00, 24:00. On Unix this schedule could be specified in short form, but we use common format for Unix and Windows scheduler implementation.

Back