• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scheduled Tasks not permissible in User Roles

sethdavis

New Pleskian
I was having this issue in Panel 10.4, and hoped upgrading to 11 would fix it but it didn't.

When editing user roles or trying to add a user role for domains I am supposed to see an option to allow the user to create and manage scheduled tasks (see the docs: http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/65704.htm), however, this option is not appearing for me.

The only options available to me for adding/editing user roles are:

- Manage users and roles
- Create and manage sites
- Create and manage databases
- Configure and perform data backup and restoration
- View statistics
- Install and manage applications
- Design sites in Web Presence Builder
- Upload and manage files
- Create and manage mail accounts

According to the documentation (linked above) I am missing more than just the scheduled tasks option, including:
- Configure log rotation
- Configure anonymous FTP service
- Configure spam filter
- Configure antivirus
- Create and manage additional FTP accounts
- Manage DNS settings
- Install and manage Java applications
- Create and manage mailing lists

Why the discrepancy?

Thanks,
Seth

I have the same issue.

What Access permissions for the user role do I grant, so the user can access 'Scheduled Tasks'?

/Caspar

Problem with Scheduled Tasks after Upgrade

I am having a similar problem. I upgraded from Plesk 9.5.4 to 11.0.9 a couple of days ago. I have several domains for which scheduled task / cron jobs are run. They are still running on schedule but I am now unable to edit them in the panel.

When I go into "Tools & Settings > Tools & Resources > Scheduled Tasks" I am presented with a list of System Users. None of the domain vhost usernames are showing up as System Users. I have tried granting the "Owner" permission to schedule tasks in the new scheme but there is still no user related to the domain showing up in the System Users.

I don't see other options to enable and don't understand why the existing users are not showing. Any idea why the users from Plesk 9.5.4 are not showing in the System Users list? They are clearly working and valid System Users, otherwise I wouldn't be able to ssh, etc. using those credentials.

Thanks.

Make sure that you have enabled permission "Scheduler management" for subscription.

Back