• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Seafile for Cloudlinux... when?

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Now that you have definitely removed File Sharing from Plesk 18.0.30, I'd like to know when Seafile (the application that you have recommended as replacement) will be available on CloudLinux.
A lot of extensions are not compatible with Cloudlinux and also Plesk is not still compatible with the last version (8) but I think that your greater attention to this operating system would be a sign of responsibility and proficiency.

I appreciate your honesty Igor but I suggest to Plesk to remove this operative system from your support.
For me Cloudlinux is great, it costs money but offers a peace of mind and support unimaginable with other free Linux distributions.
But it is impossible to continue working with an operating system that Plesk considers less than garbage (e.g. I am still waiting since February for a problem with WordPress Toolkit to be solved) and... obviously, the low diffusion of Cloudlinux users on Plesk is due to this bad behavior of yours (Cloudlinux OS has great features that if they were highlighted by you would lead many to use it).

Only for my curiosity, why do you consider it an "exotic operating system"?
For example, the new "tracing tool PHP X-Ray" is great, especially used for CMS as WordPress... doesn't seem exotic to me.

Hi all,

Let me make an official statement from the Plesk side to clarify this. :)
  • We really phrased it wrong, I apologize in the name of our team
  • Saying exotic we meant unique and niche CloudLinux functionality which is very convenient though not yet utilized by the majority of our customers
  • CloudLinux is not only providing its amazing operating system but also great tools such as ImunifyAV, Imunify360 and so on – all of them having high and fast-growing numbers and attach rates to our install base.
  • In addition, considering Plesk and cPanel being part of the webpros group and the related partnership with CloudLinux overall, it’s actually one of our largest and strategic partners in the webpros ecosystem.
I hope this helps everyone to have the right perspective on that. We are happy to support all our partners, users and customers with all products in the same way and with our best support.

Now regarding Seafile and CloudLinux. Seafile is part of our suite of tools around Plesk Premium eMail. This includes not only Seafile but also Premium eMail itself that is powered by Kolab plus Mattermost, Collabora and potentially other tools in one bundle. Plesk Premium eMail as a suite is currently only available on Ubuntu and CentOS (7.x) based system. This is because we have the largest install base on these systems. In addition, Plesk Premium eMail will be shortly supporting CentOS 8.x due to high demand. We are going to talk to CloudLinux and the Team around Plesk Premium eMail to see how we can also make all these tools available on CloudLinux as CloudLinux is in the end a RedHat based system. We will have news soon - stay tuned :)

if you have any further questions, please contact my team and me through [email protected] - thank you

regards
Lukas

Hi all,

Let me make an official statement from the Plesk side to clarify this. :)
  • We really phrased it wrong, I apologize in the name of our team
  • Saying exotic we meant unique and niche CloudLinux functionality which is very convenient though not yet utilized by the majority of our customers
  • CloudLinux is not only providing its amazing operating system but also great tools such as ImunifyAV, Imunify360 and so on – all of them having high and fast-growing numbers and attach rates to our install base.
  • In addition, considering Plesk and cPanel being part of the webpros group and the related partnership with CloudLinux overall, it’s actually one of our largest and strategic partners in the webpros ecosystem.
I hope this helps everyone to have the right perspective on that. We are happy to support all our partners, users and customers with all products in the same way and with our best support.

Now regarding Seafile and CloudLinux. Seafile is part of our suite of tools around Plesk Premium eMail. This includes not only Seafile but also Premium eMail itself that is powered by Kolab plus Mattermost, Collabora and potentially other tools in one bundle. Plesk Premium eMail as a suite is currently only available on Ubuntu and CentOS (7.x) based system. This is because we have the largest install base on these systems. In addition, Plesk Premium eMail will be shortly supporting CentOS 8.x due to high demand. We are going to talk to CloudLinux and the Team around Plesk Premium eMail to see how we can also make all these tools available on CloudLinux as CloudLinux is in the end a RedHat based system. We will have news soon - stay tuned :)

if you have any further questions, please contact my team and me through [email protected] - thank you

regards
Lukas
any update on this? would really like to see

Plesk Email Security​

working in cloudlinux

You beat me to asking about an update.
If I could get the Calendar and Contacts working from Horde I probably wouldn't be as upset as there would be an available option already.

Back