• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Security Issue in Proftpd in Plesk?

We would also be VERY interested if our Plesk Servers are vulnerable to this Security Issue ... and if yes - when a patch will be available (as this Bug is exploited in the wild)
thx
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

@furureweb:
I know for sure that Version 1.35 of the Proftpd Server (current Stable Version) is NOT Secured as Heise Online (A Big German Security Protal) has announced.
Anway you can Download a Patch fix from the Github of Proftpd here: https://github.com/proftpd/proftpd/commit/35b65aaf7219be474f621a874ec77c85d9ec794d.patch
But you have to Compile it by yourselfe.

Currently i dont know if the Patch Fix provided on Github is working with the Plesk proftpd, since the Plesk proftpd is not 100% the Original Verison you can download from the Homepage of proftpd (its adapted to the Plesk System).
So i would NOT RECCOMEND it to download and try the fix on a live System, since as i said im not sure if it is compatible with the Plesk proftpd Version

According to my tests - it seems that Plesk proftpd is NOT vulnerable at all ...

Code:
[root@server etc]# telnet localhost 21
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 ProFTPD 1.3.5 Server (ProFTPD) [::1]
site cpfr /etc/passwd
500 'SITE CPFR' not understood

Which makes sense --> proftpd -vv doesn't show mod_copy module loaded ... so I guess we are safe ... ;-)

Andreas

Back