• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Segmentation Faul << Error !!! HELP!!!

M

Matt.D

To start, I am way over my head on this one.

I have searched the forums, and found similar issues where people had problems with 1 or 2 services at a time.

Today had noticed that my 4PSA SpamGurdian wasn't working properly. Found that in the PLESK control panel BIND was nto running. Attempts at starting it failed.

I attempted to restart PLESK. It stopped, but it did not start agin.

I keep getting error like these for anything I try.

this is the error for /psa start comand
Code:
./psa start                         [FAILED]
./psa: line 1: /mysql: No such file or directory
./psa: line 759:  2190 Segmentation fault      sleep 1
./psa: line 376: /mysql: No such file or directory
./psa: line 596: /admin/bin/httpsdctl: No such file or directory
Starting Plesk:                                            [FAILED]
./psa: line 759:  2199 Segmentation fault      sleep 1

here is what happens when I try /named status

Code:
Segmentation fault

what is happening?'

My server is completly down. What should I do?

If it were me, the first things I would do or check are:

1. Reboot the server

2. Use fsck or e2fsck on the partitions

3. Check/replace RAM modules in server.

Again, these are just the FIRST things I would check or do on any SegFault condition mixed with 'no such file/directory' errors. It is also possible that you were rooted/hacked. In either case, hope you have good recent backups.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
If it were me, the first things I would do or check are:

1. Reboot the server

2. Use fsck or e2fsck on the partitions

3. Check/replace RAM modules in server.

Again, these are just the FIRST things I would check or do on any SegFault condition mixed with 'no such file/directory' errors. It is also possible that you were rooted/hacked. In either case, hope you have good recent backups.

1) I tired to reboot. It didn't quite work. The server did not respond after the reboot command. Had to ask the techies to press the rest button. Back to square 1.

2) Looked up the function on the net and when I tried to use it I get a warning message that the partition is mounted and running this check may cause damage to the file allocation system.

3) I can't. I am in the SouthWest UK and the server is in Texas USA

PS. I got back ups, but the are on the server itself. The last ones 1 downloaded were a very long time ago.

2) Looked up the function on the net and when I tried to use it I get a warning message that the partition is mounted and running this check may cause damage to the file allocation system.

3) I can't. I am in the SouthWest UK and the server is in Texas USA

PS. I got back ups, but the are on the server itself. The last ones 1 downloaded were a very long time ago
Yes, the partition checks must be done either from a recovery boot or from the console. You may have to get the datacenter staff to do it for you.

Regarding the storage of backups on the same server without also having them elsewhere - shame on you, keep your fingers crossed.

Now that the server has been rebooted, is BIND and SpamGuardian working? Does the Plesk control panel function now?

SSH into the server and begin checking log files, check the /tmp directory for strange files, for that matter, check to make sure directories are where the should be and that they contain appropriate files (such as /var/mysql, /etc/named.conf, /var/named/run-root/var, etc).

If any of this is beyond you, then seriously consider hiring someone to help, such as Cranky @ Transnexis He's in Manchester. Unless this server is not hosting clients, in that case it would be less critical. I do not mean to sound mean, but if you are hosting clients then the speed of getting things sorted should be of primary concern. Posting back and forth is not speedy. Cheers.

Back