1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

sending mail is slow

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by noworyz, Apr 29, 2007.

1. noworyz

noworyz Guest

I use mac mail for my pop email accounts for the domains on my plesk server and it seems that the mail takes liek 20-30 seconds to actually send once I click send. Shouldn't it be quicker? Is there something that I need to do to make the mail send faster?

Thanks

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

3. benji

benji Guest

I did that like 2 months ago, ant it worked, but now, started to go slow again...

I have checked out the file "smtp_psa" and "smtps_psa" and they both have the -Rt0 param added on server_args.

Also did a xinetd reset... but sending mails is slow, and also dnsstuff.com test gives me a timeout on the email test.

exactly like before of doing those changes 2 months before... same delay.

wtf... what could have happened with my server? is qmail not reading config files anymore? (did not do any upgrade or so, i stick with 8.1.1 for now)

Also i tried to telnet myserver on port 25, and it takes like 30 second to answer with the 220 welcome message

Than you.