1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Separate SQL server for each domain

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by friendlymoron, Aug 1, 2006.

1. friendlymoron

friendlymoron Guest

I have a PLESK account which hosts 5 domains, can i set up an individual SQL server running for each domain rather than have it sharing by 5 domain? Thanks.

2. DCNet_James

DCNet_James Guest

Why on earth would you want the overhead of doing that? If you were to do this, do it on a dedicated machine and setup 5 startup scripts for mysqld to listen on 5 different ports, each with their own data directory. Like I said, sounds like a goofy and not sure why you would want to do this. Setup a dedicated database machine or machines and run mysql or a mysql cluster and map the remote mysql server through the PSA control panel. Thats how I do it, and I have 0 problems with many high traffic sites many using large databases.