• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Backup and Restore

J

joshabts

Hello,

This is more of not a Plesk question, but in general a how-to suggestion question.

I currently have a RAID 5 array with Fedora Core 5 and Plesk 8.1 on it and 4 250GB drives in the array. I have 4 logical volume groups since that is how Fedora prefers to partition and then one normal partition that is /boot. I am looking to remove one of the drives from the array so it is a 3-drive RAID 5.

Now I know I have to recreate the array which means I will need to backup and restore the server. What would be the easiest and quickest solution for doing this? Would it be to do a full backup using Acronis True Image and do the boot partition and the 4 volumes and then rebuild the array and then restore the boot partition and then the 4 logical volumes?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Joshua Abts

You may consider simply renting a VPS for the month and migrate all the data to the VPS and then back to your 3 HD Raid Array.

Good Luck ;)

Back