1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Server Backup and Restore

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by joshabts, Apr 12, 2007.

1. joshabts

joshabts Guest

Hello,

This is more of not a Plesk question, but in general a how-to suggestion question.

I currently have a RAID 5 array with Fedora Core 5 and Plesk 8.1 on it and 4 250GB drives in the array. I have 4 logical volume groups since that is how Fedora prefers to partition and then one normal partition that is /boot. I am looking to remove one of the drives from the array so it is a 3-drive RAID 5.

Now I know I have to recreate the array which means I will need to backup and restore the server. What would be the easiest and quickest solution for doing this? Would it be to do a full backup using Acronis True Image and do the boot partition and the 4 volumes and then rebuild the array and then restore the boot partition and then the 4 logical volumes?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Joshua Abts

2. poke

poke Guest

You may consider simply renting a VPS for the month and migrate all the data to the VPS and then back to your 3 HD Raid Array.

Good Luck ;)