• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Server backup with important issues incorrectly marked as "minor issues", no notification sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visnet

Basic Pleskian
Dear Plesk team,

I am performing a migration from Plesk Onyx 17.8 to Plesk Obsidian (18.0.27), both CentOS 7 servers.

After checking my scheduled daily full server backups, I found that:

1. A daily notification shows on the Backup Manager page, saying "The backup June 12, 2020 04:02 AM was created and can be restored, although some minor issues occurred."

2. This notification was NOT sent to my e-mail address, even though the address was added to the backup task.
If anything at all is wrong with the daily full server backups, I need to be notified correctly.
Because if I wouldn't check the Backup Manager, I wouldn't have even known there was an issue, and I'd be left with many unusable backups (see 3 below)!

3. The notification calls it "minor issues", but ALL subscription database dumps failed to be included in the backup! This means the subscriptions cannot be properly restored, which is NOT a minor issue.

The backup log contains the following error for all subscription databases:
Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 2: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect
Note: plesk db is working, and the access denied issue is not relevant to the actual issue described in this thread: lack of e-mail notification and marking the issues as minor.

Please confirm and solve this issue.

Using:
- Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27.1
- CentOS 7.8.2003 x86_64
- MariaDB 10.3

I have checked the mail log from both servers, sender and receiver: the backup task does not seem to have send any notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back