1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Server Certificate Expired (SMTP)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by panaman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. panaman

panaman Guest

When sending email through a mail client (thunderbird)

I get this error:

Server Certificate Expired

"plesk" is a site that uses a security certificate to encrypt data during transmission, but its certificate expired on 2/24/2005 2:19AM.

You should check to make sure that your computer's time (currently set to Saturday, April 02, 2005 13:41:02) is correct.

Would yu like to continue anyway?

here is a screen shot:
    [​IMG]

If i hit ok it will continue and send the message but this has got to be annoying for my customers.

I cannot figure out what certificate it is talking about here.

2. panaman

panaman Guest

it apears the client was set to TLS certificate...

how do you go about purchasing one of these and installing it on the server?

3. wcrigger

wcrigger Guest

My SSL certificate recently expired and my users and myself get the same error message while accessing Plesk. What is the resolution?

4. panaman

panaman Guest

There is no resolution... you just have to deal with it

5. miguelal

miguelal Guest

"Deal with it" can't be the answer!

Anyone with an acceptable solution?

6. simonmango

simonmango Guest

plesk cert and email problem

I turned off secure connection and made sure that the domain I was using to send was the same domain as my email domain.

7. boeddy1908

boeddy1908 Guest