• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Server crashes after backup

3ed

New Pleskian
Hello guys,

I tired to find something similar from the Forum, but I couldn´t so I´ll start another thread. I´ve got a problem with server backups. I have previously used Plesk on VPS-es and never seen a problem like this.
I´m running Plesk on 6-Core Processsor and 64GB RAM server (dedicated). Every time backup is created server will run another 15 minutes to 2 hours and then crashes. During backup it is using about 60GB of my ram (which I´ve never seen on a VPS server before, where it takes about 5GB of RAM). After backup the RAM usage stays on 60 GB and there is a about 56GB cached. It stays like this until server crashes, so basically the RAM is not freed after the backup. I have checked the server logs and didn´t find anything. What logs should I look at anyway?
Any thoughts? I have none!

In Linux, cached RAM is only cleared when another process wants to use that RAM. Else it is correct that the cached data stays where it is.

Could you please describe in more detail what a server crash is for you? Are there specific services that become unresponsive? Which ones? Or can the whole machine not be accessed, e.g. by SSH? What is logged to /var/log/messages when this occurs?

Back