• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server.CreateObject Access Error

T

toko

Hi,

I upgraded from 7.6.1 to 8.1 and now I'm getting the following error;

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/cms/res_upload.asp, line 32

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

The page is trying to use ASPUpload.

Help please! I knew something would have to go wrong with the Plesk upgrade. I'm so ready to dump this software - I'm just sick of the problems every time I upgrade.

seems you install aspupload after 7.6.1 and after upgrade plesk changed permisssions of its folder.

Change permissions on what folder? The file isn't even getting to the upload stage - I can't even instantiate the object. The problem is with creating the ASP Upload obkect not writing the file.

All ASP COM components seem broken.

OK I found a fix, and I'm posting here hopefully for the benefit of any other poor souls who may be victim to this upgrade disaster.

I'm so angry and dissapointed with Swsoft right now!

By the way - the exact same problem exists on another server of mine. Fresh Plesk 8.1 for Windows install - ASPEmai, ASPUpload, ASPJpeg and Jmail do not work until you set the permissions manually.

SOLUTION (courtesy of persits software - a company who knows good fast support and provides it FREE to their customers!)

This is an NTFS permission problem. Using Windows Explorer, right-click on the appropriate component DLL (such as aspupload.dll) on the server's hard drive, select Properties/Security, and give the "Everyone" account Full Control over it.

EDIT: see Bodgan's advice below for greater security as giving everyone full control probably isn't a very good idea :)

toko,

The permissions you granted on the dlls are very insecure. You should have granted only read and execute permissions to the psacln group.

With the current permissions you set, any user of your can create a a script that may delete or replace that dll, for example.

Thanks ...

I got the same problem and used the same solution, just before reading it here. For the unexperienced user I have a tipp:
Some components such as PIVO WHO IS require also a reboot to get them working again.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Back