• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Disk Space Usage Incorrect With 2 Hard Drives

C

ChetM

I have a Plesk 9.5.4 installation running on a Linux dedicated server. Recently, we made a change that requires our users to upload PDFs to our site. As this takes up more hd space (and we had a piddly 110GB main hd), we had our server host install an additional 1TB drive. I used the following KB article and instructions to move our vhosts (about 10 sites) about 1 week ago:

http://kb.odin.com/en/1186

Everything is working EXCEPT that on the login page to the server, I now see two usage bars:
/dev/hda3 - 45.5 GB free of 110.6 GB
/dev/sda1 - 866.0 GB free of 916.9 GB

The problem here is that the only number that is increasing on a daily basis is the /dev/hda3 which is the smaller drive I migrated off of. I have checked, and my upload script is uploading the PDFs to the correct directory under /disk2/ which is a mount for /dev/sda1 (the larger drive). The larger drive number is not changing at all, but many PDFs of decent size are uploaded daily.

My question is when Plesk *thinks* the smaller drive is out of room (even though a quick ssh to the server says there is plenty of space since the migration, and that the amount free is not decreasing at the pace that Plesk claims), will this cause a problem for my users or will it just be that the display on my server login page will be incorrect?

Back