• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Server Error 500 Plesk\Lock\Exception

GerdSchrewe

Basic Pleskian
Starto V-Server, Plesk Onyx 17,8 Update 30, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

This morning after a reboot of the server i get this error and cant login to Plesk anymore.
Websites work, Mail too.
I executed plesk repair all and tried to change the owner rights but then detected that the folder "/run/lock/lmlib/ is empty.
I dont know what to do now...

Lock Manager error: '[LockManagerException] Can't open or create shared memory by shm.name: "/run/lock/lmlib/SharedLockManagerStorage0.2.4"; shm.start_size: "8388608"; error "Permission denied"'.

stderr:

ERROR:eek:utgoing:database is locked

[2018-11-15 04:57:53.242] ERR [panel] [LockManagerException] Can't open or create shared memory by shm.name: "/run/lock/lmlib/SharedLockManagerStorage0.2.4"; shm.start_size: "8388608"; error "Permission denied"

[2018-11-15 04:57:53.243] ERR [panel] Lock Manager error: '[LockManagerException] Can't open or create shared memory by shm.name: "/run/lock/lmlib/SharedLockManagerStorage0.2.4"; shm.start_size: "8388608"; error "Permission denied"'.:

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager/Hierarchical.php:126

Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_getClient()

1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager/Hierarchical.php:198

Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_applyLock(string '', object of type Plesk\Lock\Resource)

2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager/Hierarchical.php:158

Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->lock(object of type Plesk\Lock\Resource, string '')

3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager.php:85

Plesk\Lock\Manager->lock(integer '2', array, string '')

4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Lock.php:21

Plesk\Lock::read(object of type Plesk\Lock\Object_SessionService)

5: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php:198

Plesk\Application_Web->startSession()

6: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php:259

Plesk\Application_Web->registerSession(string 'admin', string '******')

7: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php:57

Thanx Igor, but i tried it too:
There are two warnings but there are from Wordpress/Enfold theme and another CMS. I've got them pretty much longer and they don't matter.
Dont Know waht to do now.
  1. plesk repair fs -v -y
    root@h2519287:~# plesk repair fs -v -y

Checking Linux system files ......................................... [OK]

Checking virtual hosts' file system

There are files or directories with suspicious permissions in the
    root directory of the domain 'block-optic.com' .................... [WARNING]
    - /var/www/vhosts/block-optic.com/httpdocs/wp-content/uploads/dynamic_avia

There are files or directories with suspicious permissions in the
    root directory of the domain 'zirkusfritzantino.de' ............... [WARNING]
    - /var/www/vhosts/zirkusfritzantino.de/httpdocs/configuration.php

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 2; Errors resolved: 0

I will now try a technical reqeust or do you have a better idea???

Technical support form reports :
    We identified that the Plesk license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.

Last edited:
I will now try a technical reqeust or do you have a better idea???
but Technical support form reports :
We identified that the Plesk license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.

The Strato Hotline is usually not responsible for the following. From Strato i expect unfortunately no help or solution...

My guess is it's that way that the
folder "/run/lock/lmlib/ is empty.
I have a second V-Server with Ubuntu 18.04 and Plesk Onyx 17.8.
On this server the folder ist NOT empty.
Do you think it would be possible to copy the contents of the folder to the server making the errors?

If anything does not help you can give me the contact to a paid Plesk support.
Thanx a lot!!!

Last edited:
I'm not very familiar with the console

When i run # crontab -e i get:
MAILTO=""
4 * * * * /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/maintenance.php'
0 0 * * * /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/instances-auto-update.php'
MAILTO="[email protected]"
12 * * * * /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/keep-secured.php' > /dev/null
MAILTO=""
7 3 * * * /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/catalog/scripts/update-index.php'
0 0 * * * /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/advisor/scripts/update-cache.php'

When i enter the second command i get:
root@h2519287:~# @Reboot chown root:lock-manager /run/lock/lmlib && chmod -R 0770 /run/lock/lmlib
-bash: @Reboot: command not found
root@h2519287:~#

Wrong syntax?

You need to add line

Code:
@reboot chown root:lock-manager /run/lock/lmlib && chmod -R 0770 /run/lock/lmlib

to crontab.

Command 'crontab -e' is for editing crontab tasks. For adding this line in this case.

Thanx you so much Igor for your fast support!!!
But I'll wait and keep cool until a friendly admin is reachable.
I'm afraid that I'll break something.
Websites and mail still work for all clients at the moment.
Only the Plesk login is not possible.
If nobody can help, you can tell me the link to the paid Plesk support.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread.
I have a similar error but apparently quite more complicated. After a reboot I cannot access neither Plesk panel nor SSH or FTP. The hosted website is actually up & alive.

This is the error:

Server Error
Plesk\Lock\Exception
Lock Manager error: '[LockManagerException] Can't open or create shared memory by shm.name: "/run/lock/lmlib/SharedLockManagerStorage0.2.4"; shm.start_size: "8388608"; error "Permission denied"'.

I checked the KB article solutions but obviously they cannot be applied.

The only thing. I still have access to Parallels Power Panel on port 4643.
Is there anything I can do here?

i have error 500 on plesk and I DONT have ssh access only power panel.
Server Error
Plesk\Lock\Exception

Type Plesk\Lock\Exception
Message Lock Manager error: '[LockManagerException] Can't open or create shared memory by shm.name: "/run/lock/lmlib/SharedLockManagerStorage0.2.4"; shm.start_size: "8388608"; error "Permission denied"'.
File Hierarchical.php
Line 126

my VPS is affected by this Plesk BUG

however when I run Strato Provider Rescue System, it tells me my server is in "/repair" folder and I this command doesn't do anything from rescue system

plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Unable to open Plesk: Lock Manager error: Can't open or create shared memory by shm.name

for some reason Plesk has blocked my SSH port (default TCP 22) so I can NOT login to my server, which makes it even worse

I had the same problem with no SSH access.
I booted a rescue system and did the following things.

Fix Plesk
Edit the file /repair/etc/crontab and add the following line at the end.
@Reboot root chown root:lock-manager /run/lock/lmlib && chmod -R 0770 /run/lock/lmlib

Fix SSH
Edit the file /repair/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/sshd.conf and add the following line at the end.
d /run/sshd 0755 root root

I got the fix for SSH from here: ssh connection refused nach upgrade - Linux-Server - Alfahosting-Forum
Be careful with the things you change in the rescue system.
At least this fixed my problems on my server at Alfahosting.

Back