• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Server Error in '/' Application (ASP.net 4.8 MVC)

Samir Warsi

New Pleskian
I uploaded an ASP.net MVC project to Plesk. On the very first page. I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I searched the Plesk forum and found a thread on the same topic (an older one but reviewed it anyway). But I didn't get any help as the KB link given in this thread is broken.

Since the error described, doesn't provide much detail, I checked 'Log' on the Plesk control panel and found that repeated error is given as
2022-06-05 07:48:211.18X.XXX.1X6500GET / - HTTP/1.1

Hi Samir, did you manage to get this fixed?

An Error 500 does not help you any further to find the problem, you need to find the actual error message that is hiding underneath this Error 500.

Back