• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server failure on 8.0.1 upgrade

calderwood

Regular Pleskian
Server is dead:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:174
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:88

Same Error, Different Cause

I wonder if you ever found the solution to your problem? I am using Ubuntu and needed toi upgrade from 5.10 to 6.06 so I could upgrade my Plesk CP to 8.1.

I completed the Ubuntu upgrade to 6.06 and the web sites work but the control panel will not come up. I get the same error as you

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (13)

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:169
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (13)')
1: /opt/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:88

I have confirmed that the socket file IS indeed there

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 5 Mar 10 14:56 mysqld.pid
srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 0 Mar 10 14:56 mysqld.sock

And after seeing an error about the root user unable to connect without a password while restarting MySQL...I even added a root user with no password (localhost only).

AND I can start mysql just fine at the command line using the Plesk admin password.

So:
- The Plesk username and password are fine
- Mysqld is running AND the socket file is correct

What else do I need to check? Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Andy Dorman

Yes it was fixed

I ended up paying for tech support from Plesk ($75) and they fixed the problem - it was to do with the upgrade. There was a n error in the permissions from Horde email if I remember correctly and sql was in a loop. They fixed it within 24 hours, and a few other things they found - was well worth the money.

Back