• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Server upgrade from 2012 to 2016

Andrew_Newth

Basic Pleskian
We are planning on updating our server to Server 2016 and wanted to check if this is known to cause any issues with plesk? We are currently on Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.1.

Cheers!

my own experience of plesk 17.8 on Windows server 2016. Yes it's working fine. I am currently having problems doing a flesh install of plesk 17.8 on Windows server 2016. But I am getting error message unable to create the admin account,

I would suggest you migration your Plesk to new Plesk server installed on Windows server 2016 instead of live upgrade. In my opinion, this is a more problem-free option.

I would suggest you migration your Plesk to new Plesk server installed on Windows server 2016 instead of live upgrade. In my opinion, this is a more problem-free option.
yes that true. But unfortunately sometimes life is not that simple. Because you have to have the older version already installed on the system. The problem rise if you have a new computer system. Or you have done a fresh install the windows server. The issue is to do with the password policy in windows server 2016. In my earlier post I mentioned that I was talking with the support team about this. Basically I actually had worked it out before them.

I actually must admit that this is a bit of long winded way of installing plesk. But it does work.

The first job. Is to download the auto installer. I am hoping you know what I mean, the usual exe file formats from plesk website.
But don't run it. But save it to your computer. Then you need to go to the command prompt. This is particularly important. Don't use any other windows based command prompted software.

In the command prompt. First thing is to find where you have saved the file. Once you are there. You will need to put this command in, plesk-installer.exe --console --all-versions
it does take a few seconds to think about it. But it does something. Then you will find that explains how to do it from there. Like many of these things it takes time to install. But you can still use the pc. Then you will probably be advised to do a system image before you start the upgrades to plesk 17.8. Then you can just upgraded like normal.

Like I said, I know that this is a bit of long way to get plesk 17.8 on Windows server 2016. But if anyone else knows easier way of installing plesk 17.8 on Windows server 2016 fresh then let us know.

Back