1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Serverwide backup and restore of a specific account

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by kaizer, Aug 18, 2011.

1. kaizer

kaizer Guest

On our Plesk 10.3 server, I have set a serverwide backup of all accounts to a Personal FTP Repository. The jobs runs every night.

But if I want only to restore a domain, can I restore from this backupfile? (from Plesk control panel, WebGUI)

I am trying to find the best practice of setting up backup jobs. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. kaizer

kaizer Guest

Hello Igor,
    that is the command line way of restoring objects.
    But is this also possible when restoring in Plesk admin?

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    When you go to Backup Manager interface and select server backup for restoration you will see following objects for restoration:

Server settings
    Administrator account configuration
    Administrator's domains
    Administrator's customers
    Resellers

Did you try it?

5. kaizer

kaizer Guest

No, I haven't tried it yet.

I am trying to figure out how to set up the backup job on the server.
    Serverwide backup file each night, or seperate jobs for each domains every night.

I believe the serverwide backup take less time and resource, than separate backup jobs. But again, a restore of a domain in a serverwide backupset takes longer time. (since the files are being copied from FTP repository)