• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

service-plan is template?

JohanSki

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I read somewhere that I can create a domain based on a service plan. If I'm not mistaking I also read that if I change a service plan, websites based on this service plan will not change along.

So is it fair to say that a service plan is an initial "template" on which a domain is based? And that once the domain is created, it no longer will be connected/attached to the service plan?

If you make any changes in Service Plan, all these changes will be synchronized to corresponding subscriptions which are based on this Service Plan. Therefore your changes will be applied to domains of this subscription.

Allright... but if my service plan says that a domain has 5 mailboxes, and I change it to 4.... then what happens to the mailboxes of the corresponding subscriptions?

Allright... but if my service plan says that a domain has 5 mailboxes, and I change it to 4.... then what happens to the mailboxes of the corresponding subscriptions?

If you have already created 5 mailboxes and try to decrease this resource in Service Plan - subscription will not be synchronized with corresponding notification.

That's the one I'm reading... but I thought I read somewhere that when you change a service plan afterwards, the corresponding domains won't change... that is actually why I asked this question.

Back