1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Services stop and start every once in a while - MySQL Crash

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by BiznetAdmin, Jun 15, 2011.

1. BiznetAdmin

BiznetAdmin Guest

I constantly keep getting emails that some services are being stopped and about five minutes later are started. These services include MySQL, Plesk Web Server (not the Apache Web Server), Spamassasin and IMAP/POP3. I haven't noticed anything strange in the log files, so I cannot figure out why these services restart by themselves.

I know that I am not providing any usefull information, but since I am new to Plesk I do not know what information might be of use. If you can point me to the right direction, I can provide any necessary information.

Furthermore, sometimes when MySQL stops it fails to start again thus making all my websites inaccessible. Besides that, starting MySQL manually seems to have no effect as it never gets started. A part of the log when MySQL crashes can be seen below:
    I am using Plesk 9.5.2 installed on CentOS 5.5.

Thanks in advance.

2. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
  3. BiznetAdmin

BiznetAdmin Guest

Thank you for the link. I will take a look at it and hope to help me solve my server's problems.

The server seems to have a high CPU usage (not sure how high it is) during the daily backup process. That would partially explain why services fail, but there are times when these failures happen when no other intense process (such as backup) runs. A server upgrade would solve these problems? I would also like to mention that Plesk is hosted on a virtual server and not an actual one.

4. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    It is hard to know now, but yes, a backup could be an issue, if raise the load of the server.
    You can try to run the backup with a low priority.