• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Session problem

MariuszS

New Pleskian
Hi there.

From few days I have problem with session on Plesk panel.

After loging to panel I'm logged out in few seconds.

I have no time to do anything on panel.

I have changed session idle time to 60 minutes but it's looks like that option doesn't work.

AFAIK, this should not be a problem in Plesk 11, but you may try to add a corresponding record for your server into your client machine hosts file (important: use only one IP address). Tell us if this would help you.

If possible you should first try logging in to the Panel by IP, e.g. use in browser an address like https://11.22.33.44:8443/

Let's say your server domain name is server.com. And one of its IP addresses is 11.22.33.44. Your client machine is where you run browser at.

You should try to edit your client machine hosts file. On Linux it is /etc/hosts, on Windows it is usually C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. You should have administrative privileges to edit those files.

Make sure that hosts file doesn't contain entries with server.com. If so, comment them out. Then add a new entry of the following form:

11.22.33.44 server.com

Then go to your browser and try to log into Panel using server.com domain name.

Note that this is merely a potential workaround, and designed to check a hypothesis about the reason of such behavior.

Hi there.

From few days I have problem with session on Plesk panel.

After loging to panel I'm logged out in few seconds.

I have no time to do anything on panel.

I have changed session idle time to 60 minutes but it's looks like that option doesn't work.

1. If your network does not use dynamic iP addresses (which is a common problem ..)
2. Then, try to clear / delete ALL cookies from your browser ..

Those 2 usually resolve my such problems ..

In the case #1 you can download Opera browser and enable Turbo

If possible you should first try logging in to the Panel by IP, e.g. use in browser an address like https://11.22.33.44:8443/

When i have logged in by IP session time is ok. (?)

You should try to edit your client machine hosts file. On Linux it is /etc/hosts, on Windows it is usually C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. You should have administrative privileges to edit those files.

Make sure that hosts file doesn't contain entries with server.com. If so, comment them out. Then add a new entry of the following form:

11.22.33.44 server.com

Then go to your browser and try to log into Panel using server.com domain name.

Note that this is merely a potential workaround, and designed to check a hypothesis about the reason of such behavior.

My /etc/hosts looks like this (I have edited details to do not give them to public view ;) ):

Code:
11.22.33.44        s12345678.onlinehome.info ( my comment: this is server 'original' domain from 1&1)
11.22.33.44 	domain.com 	domain
127.0.0.1	        domain.com 	domain	 localhost.localdomain localhost

I think that my problems have started after SSL certyficate installation, but I'm not to sure.

Have you already tried my #2:

MariuszS, how many IPv4 and IPv6 addresses do you have on your client machine?

You may check this with ipconfig (Windows) or ifconfig (Unix) command.

MariuszS, how many IPv4 and IPv6 addresses do you have on your client machine?

You may check this with ipconfig (Windows) or ifconfig (Unix) command.

Just one IPv4 and IPv6.

Have you already tried my #2:

I've got static IP from my internet provider.

And I have deleted all my browsing history, cookies, and cache before I posted here so I'm sure this not resolve problem but thanks.

Alright,
I forgot to mention to check the permissions of the /var/lib/sessions folder.
Sometimes if it's not written then it can also cause such problems

Back