• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Set PHP version not showing in WP and phpinfo

Space Monkey

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
I changed the PHP version from 7.3 to 8.0.23

Applied, confirmed as I always do however my WP dash still says im on 7.3 and when I look in the php setting and press View the phpinfo() page it still states 7.3 instead of 8.0.23

But in the domain manager it shows I have 8.0.23 selected.

Usually it works but no idea why not this time. Already rebooted the server but still 7.3, I missed something??

Even weirder, just upgraded an other server, exact the same configuration but that one had no issues hmm

Have you tried to toggle it once, e.g. change the drop down to 7.3, save it, then go back and set it to 8.0 and save it?

Is the domain pointing to this webspace account?

Have you tried to toggle it once, e.g. change the drop down to 7.3, save it, then go back and set it to 8.0 and save it?

Is the domain pointing to this webspace account?
I tried going from 7.3 to 7.4, 7.4 to 8.0, 8.0 to 8.1. It keeps showing 7.3

Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 14-49-34 PHP 7.3.33 - phpinfo().png

I have only seen the same behavior before where a PHP-FPM instance was stuck so that the PHP-FPM daemon of the corresponding version had to be restarted. Another standard solution for some while was simply to save the same "new" PHP version setting again. But as you have said that you have rebooted the server, it is not possible that a hanging PHP-FPM instance is the cause.

I'd rather think that the domain name itself is not pointing to the right server. For that reason you might do the change in the settings, but when you get a phpinfo() response from your domain, it is not coming from the account that you have configured, but from another account that was never changed. Are you sure that the DNS settings of the domain in question are pointing to the right server?

Besides this I cannot think of any other cause of this symptom, specificially after a server reboot I deem it impossible that an updated configuration is not applied. It is also extremely unlikely that new web server or php configurations are not created when you change the version on one domain, but are created correctly when you do the same on another domain.

All points to the right stuff.
I set it too 7.4 and deleted 7.3 but now I server error 403 and have to load a backup

I have only seen the same behavior before where a PHP-FPM instance was stuck so that the PHP-FPM daemon of the corresponding version had to be restarted. Another standard solution for some while was simply to save the same "new" PHP version setting again. But as you have said that you have rebooted the server, it is not possible that a hanging PHP-FPM instance is the cause.

I'd rather think that the domain name itself is not pointing to the right server. For that reason you might do the change in the settings, but when you get a phpinfo() response from your domain, it is not coming from the account that you have configured, but from another account that was never changed. Are you sure that the DNS settings of the domain in question are pointing to the right server?

Besides this I cannot think of any other cause of this symptom, specificially after a server reboot I deem it impossible that an updated configuration is not applied. It is also extremely unlikely that new web server or php configurations are not created when you change the version on one domain, but are created correctly when you do the same on another domain.
Well, I couldnt find a solution so just launched a new server and transferred the domain :p

Back