• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

set up multiple backups via plesk panel only

MichaelS67

New Pleskian
I have remote access to send my backups to but don't want to use this every day since it will cost me bandwidth and space so I want to do the "off site" backup once per week via the Panel.

I would also like to do daily backups to the plesk backup repository so I have easy access to the files.

I don't see a way to run two different backups.

I am on a VPS so don't have full access, nor the knowledge to set up rsync or anything via the shell.

Any thoughts on the best way to do backups for local (every day) and off site once or more per week?

Thanks

don't have full access, nor the knowledge to set up rsync or anything via the shell.

I don't think you can achieve this without SHELL access. Alternative is to manually activate backup feature for every domain name independently and then set the general server ftp backup once a week.

I don't think you can achieve this without SHELL access. Alternative is to manually activate backup feature for every domain name independently and then set the general server ftp backup once a week.

Well that was not the prettiest way to do it but thank you for the input it worked great :)

I went into each domain and created a local backup copy and made it save for 2 days before over writing. I made the Admin backup the remote FTP weekly. I guess that will overall give some backups if something should go haywire.

Thanks!!

Back