• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Set up "site" for centralized includes

A

Andrew Wilkes

I am migrating existing ASP sites to a dedicated server which runs Plesk. We have a service site which contains admin pages for the database and server side include file that are accessed using the XMLHTTP object from other sites so that content is centralized and changing one include will change all the sites. At present the service site is accessible by its IP address and is on a different server to the sites which access its include files.
The service site will go on the same server as all the other sites. When this happens I want the other sites to access the includes locally without having to go through external name servers. The admin pages need to be accessible from the internet as normal web pages but only to those who are told how to find it. Is a subdomain the way to go about this?

...I want the other sites to access the includes locally without having to go through external name servers. The admin pages need to be accessible from the internet as normal web pages but only to those who are told how to find it. Is a subdomain the way to go about this?

They could be, but it wouldn't provide you the ability to use contents as ASP includes.

I've actually written a couple utilities that manage most of this in order to map a folder from one site (with the correct permissions) to all the non-service sites (ie; not to webmail, plesk, and so forth, but they are mapped to example.com, example.org, and example.net if those are "sites" in IIS).

PM me for the code.

Do these utilities allow the includes to be included directly as if they were on the same site, without having to use the XMLHTTP object?

Back