• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Setting Up Antivirus Dmarc, Dkim & SPF

LeighWhiting

New Pleskian
Hi All

I am new to Plesk so just need to get an understanding of how the Antivirus Dmarc, Dkim & SPF part works.

1. Does this over ride anything at Domain level or does this simply filter out emails before they hit Domain level then it is down to Domain level to do what each want to do ?
2. Does the Dkim part have the Selector & Public key part pre completed or again, is this setup at Domain level ?
3. When enabling SPF, does this over ride each Domain or is this purely just for the Plesk Server and the Individual domains can edit their own DNS / SPF Records

I look forward to hearing from you

Depending on where do you manage your DNS.
my usual setting is not strict to standard settings created by plesk and i can improvise accodring to the rule and connditions that I want.
1. SPF is to tell which Domain or ip address allow to send on behalf of your domain
2. DKIM to make sure no unauthorized middle men intercept and handling your email
3. DMarc how you would consider and email that is considered as SPAM and which email address you would like to receive the report

Each domain can set their own SPF, and DNS unless you edit from master DNS template and apply to all
DKIM you may use the standard DKIM and copy the DKIM key into your external DNS if you use external DNS but if you are using Plesk Server DNS not necessary to modify it and you may leave it as it is

Back