• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Setting up Domain Nameserver correctly

JonasJsk

New Pleskian
I have recently bought a dedicated server with (Plesk Onyx) on (Debian 9.8 Version 17.8.11)

As I'm a new comer, I hope I can get some assistance in setting everything up correctly.

Also please forgive me if I'm not familiar with all technical terms as I'm still learning.

I have a domain that I wish to use as my Nameserver for all my other domains.

In (Service Provider view) Domains --> Add Domain --> I created my domain with a dedicated IPv4 address

Is this the correct or should I stick with shared IP address ?
What is the difference between dedicated and shared IP address and when to use each ?

When I created the Domain - I noticed that the DNS Settings were created automatically with (ns1.domain.eu) and (ns2.domain.eu)

Do I need to change anything or can I just leave my DNS Settings alone ?

What is the difference between dedicated and shared IP address and when to use each ?

IP Addresses Management

Every IP address registered in Plesk must be designated as either dedicated or shared.

• A dedicated IP address is bound to a single account (Plesk administrator, Customer, or Reseller). It can be used to host multiple websites as long as they belong to the same account.
  • A shared IP address can be shared among any number of websites regardless if they belong to the same account or not.

Yes, there is no one answer But if you would like to know the cons and pron here is some:
* Shared IP address means sharing 1 IP address between multiple sites, each website has it's own domain and 1 IP address and one reputation.
* example: If one of your shared websites start spamming ppl with emails and they got reported to multiple providers, All shared website will be effected (blocked and marked as spam ) because they share 1 IP and 1 reputation not by domains. (most of providers by IP's)
* If you'll manage your own websites and maintain them by your self, shared is the best option here.
* Dedicated IP address is best option for not effecting your other sites reputation in any case but it's not cost effective.

Think of IP address as 1 cellphone number and 1 provider, Do you want to share that number for use with other members to make calls and receive calls or give each one his/her own number by 1 provider (your Server).

Back