• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Setting up Ghost with Docker on Plesk Onyx 17.8

captainhook

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I have managed to setup Ghost with Docker, however I am trying to customise the setup to use MySQL, Mailgun, and a few other config changes.

According to Ghost's documentation - Config:

You're able to start Ghost using environment variables which match the name and case of each config option like this:

Code:
url=http://ghost.local:2368 node index.js

For nested config options, you'd need to separate them with two underscores:

Code:
database__connection__host=mysql node index.js

So I have setup the following environment variables (Docker on Plesk requires environment variables to be upper case*):
Code:
DATABASE__CLIENT = mysql
DATABASE__CONNECTION__HOST = localhost
DATABASE__CONNECTION__PORT = 3306
DATABASE__CONNECTION__USER = username
DATABASE__CONNECTION__PASSWORD = password
DATABASE__CONNECTION__DATABASE = databasename

However I am still finding that it does not create anything in that database, nor does it throw any errors/warnings.
Can anyone advise?

* the error you will see if you use lower case letters is:
"The name of an environment variable can consist solely of uppercase letters, digits, and the underscore ('_'), and cannot begin with a digit."

I have just noticed the Ghost config documentation says:
"Env vars should be lowercase, we realise this is a little odd, it's a limitation of nconf, but they do work!", but Plesk's Docker implementation does not allow lowercase... so that's the issue.

If anyone has a workaround, please do share.

Back