• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Several problems with PHP + Zend / Ioncube

Roderic

New Pleskian
Good afternoon,

I migrated from 12.0 to 12.5 a week or 3 ago.

Mostly is running fine, but I am running into a few problems. The most important website on my server is build on an old Zend Framework version. It always worked well on previous Plesk versions. Since the upgrade however, it started to show several issues.
  • php files (with Zend functionality) get corrupted overnight. I have to reupload them through FTP and then they are ok for a while. I can't really trigger this. But it happens randomly and with random files.
  • When I switch the website to php5.3, some "tools" on this website are not working anymore.
  • The frontend of the website loads fine in Firefox. In other browsers however, it throws around the body / head tag. Site is still usable but there are some visual problems. Probably also to do with Zend.
Any idea what's causing this? Is it because the website uses an older Zend framework and the Zend that came with php in plesk 12.5 is too new?

How can I get the php5.3 package to work like the php package in plesk 12.0?

What version of Zend did plesk use in 11-12.0?

Cheers

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure that the website was running on 5.3 or even 5.4 before. Not 5.2.
Zend is running as well. But the new version of Zend doesn't seem to work well with the old framework or something...

Ok, I've found the problem!

The website I was talking about, is running on a SSD drive. After the upgrade 12.5 this website has been looking different then It should.
I was under the assumption it had to do with newer versions of ZEND and PHP that came with 12.5.

Now today I got an idea (After trying tons of other things), I moved the website back to the HDD (Same HDD as everything else is running on).
The website is now working normally, as it was before the upgrade!

So, it seems the Plesk 12.5 upgrade has done something bad to my SSD. Maybe the filesystem? Any idea's are welcome.

Ok, I've found the problem!

The website I was talking about, is running on a SSD drive. After the upgrade 12.5 this website has been looking different then It should.
I was under the assumption it had to do with newer versions of ZEND and PHP that came with 12.5.

Now today I got an idea (After trying tons of other things), I moved the website back to the HDD (Same HDD as everything else is running on).
The website is now working normally, as it was before the upgrade!

So, it seems the Plesk 12.5 upgrade has done something bad to my SSD. Maybe the filesystem? Any idea's are welcome.

No, Plesk does not do anything to your disks.

However, any specific disk partitioning can cause some problems, but that is not the root cause of your problem here.

One problem is that you split data amongst two disks and Plesk does not handle that, unless a (well-partitioned) distributed filesystem is present.

I am pretty sure that this is not the root cause of your problem, except for the case in which you did not update file and directory paths properly.

Another problem is that Plesk 12.5.30 does not "like" older PHP versions: older PHP versions can cause various issues, related to "one-way backwards compatibility".

Note that this is not the failure of Plesk 12.5.30, it is inherent to PHP packages, in specific to modules for PHP.

Also note that new PHP versions can "easily" (what is in a word?) use php scripts, written for older versions of PHP.

I am pretty sure that, when you activate a newer PHP version (such as the 5.5.9 or 5.6.15/16 version in Plesk 12.5.30), most of the issues will be resolved.

Try that, before changing your disk infrastructure, in the assumption that the problem on hand is solely related to the disks used.

If a new (default) PHP version does not work: only then you should have a look at the definition/declaration of proper file paths.

If all file paths are properly declared and the issue is not resolved, just report back (preferably with some log output).

Regards.....

Hi, thanks for your reply. It was just he SSD that was broken and making files corrupt. A new SSD has been put into the server and all is fine now.

Back