• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue SFTP is not available for System User for Subscription

pschlenker

New Pleskian
I have an Ubuntu VPS server running on an Amazon Lightsail instance with Plesk Obsidian installed. I can connect to the server via SSH and FTP using the user account specified by Amazon Lightsail, but I cannot SSH or FTP into the server using the system account of the subscription. I can SSH into the server with the user account specified by Amazon Lightsail, and then su to the system user account, but I can't log in initially using the system user account. When I try to FTP into the server using my FileZilla FTP client configured to log in using the system user account, I get as permission denied error. I have FileZilla configured to SFTP into the server using a key file.

Back