• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Shared App Pool, anway to have Plesk use another ?

Chuck Verc

New Pleskian
Hi,
running Plesk 11.5.30 Update #47 on Windows 2012 latest updates as of this writing.

I have Plesk use a Shared App pool for most of my sites. I've had to setup the App pool to be 32bit because of the sites I host.
Sadly the 32bit App pool has a 2Gig limit of memory usage and I'm as close to it as I'd like to be.

I want to know if I can tell Plesk to use a new Shared App Pool for my new sites ? Basically creating a second default App Pool where all the new sites (not using a dedicated App Pool) would be created.

If not, what would happen if I manually created an App pool (using the same user as the default one) and moved a bunch of my sites to the newly created App Pool. Would any changes to the subscription move the web site back to the default one ? Any side effects ?

Thanks

Back