• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Shared SSL Has Stopped Working

M

mikelegg

I just renewed the SSL Certificate that I use for shared SSL on one of my servers and when I tested the shared SSL links, I found none of them are working.

It seems to be some sort of permissions issue, but when I try to access a site using https://sharedssldomain.tld/sslfolder/ I either get a 500 error, or in some cases an ASP script will load but all of the related images, css files and javascripts can't be found even though they are definitely on the server and used to work perfectly.

It appears to be some sort of permissions problem but the permissions appear to be correct. ie. IUSER_domainname has read permissions on the files.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just upgraded to Plesk 9.3 in the hope that this may straighten things out, but alas it didn't help.

What's weird is that ASP scripts will run via the shared ssl url, but no other file types will be served. So all images appear as broken links even though they're present and html pages return a 500 error.

Actually, the problem is that ALL virtual folders have stopped working including Site Preview and virtual folders created by customers.

Adding SSI support via the Plesk Web Hosting settings to both the shared hosting domain and the domains that utilised shared hosting fixed it.

I don't understand what SSI has to do with it, but that's what fixed it.

Created a new shared ssl folder and have the same problem again.

Only this time turning SSL support off and on again DIDN'T fix it

Is there any chance of getting someone from Parallels to look at my server and see if they can work out what's wrong?

Is there any chance of getting someone from Parallels to look at my server and see if they can work out what's wrong?

You should contact Parallels Support Team and grant access to you server via special form if you want fix directly on your server.

You should contact Parallels Support Team and grant access to you server via special form if you want fix directly on your server.

Well, I've paid you $150.00 for "Support: Professional Service 1 hour" but I still can't submit a support request. I've completed the form 5 times now but it won't let me submit it. (There's no button to click)

I don't know what more I can do to get help, so I'm posting here in the hope that someone from Parallels will respond.

I tried to telephone the London office but the automated switch just kept sending me back to the same options over and over again.

Try these phones:

* Local: +1 (703) 579-0156
* Toll-free: +1 (888) 811-2489

Thanks Igor.

I've been contacted by the support department and they are investigating now.

The parallels support team have reported that there is a problem with ColdFusion and Windows 2008 Server which is causing this problem.

So beware everyone ... If you are running Windows 2008 Server, you can't offer your customers Shared SSL if they have a ColdFusion web site!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back