• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Shared SSL question

deltatech

Regular Pleskian
I have multiple web servers and the primary domain on all of them is the same domain each with their own subdomain. I have an SSL cert that I put on that subdomain and the subdomain is NOT www.

I want to use this cert for the shared SSL and the control panel access. I have it working now for the control panel.

How can I use this as the shared SSL cert?

The docs say, it has to be assigned to a hosted domain. The problem is that when setting up a domain, it either has to be a www.mydomain.com or mydomain.com. Both of these are in use on other machines. This machine is called apollo.mydomain.com but I don't see any way of adding that as a domain.

Is there a way to do this?

I believe what you need is a Wild Card SSL. Any large SSL provider sells these but they are a bit expensive. You would have to create the CSR and SSL for (*.domain.com) . This will allow you to use it on any (sub.domain.com) domain name.

For further clarification, can you tell me what steps I would need to provide one of my hosted sites with an SSL certificate? Currently we are hosting ~250 sites using Plesk Panel, all via a single shared IP. One of our clients has requested SSL for her domain (this is the ONLY domain requiring an SSL certificate).

I've already been told by Network Solutions that I need a shared SSL certificate, but when I start looking, it's not exactly obvious what I need to purchase for this. Can anyone recommend a certificate that works in Plesk's shared IP environment for a site?

Alex, you mentioned a "wildcard" SSL (if that's what I need) was expensive. Any ballpark figures on what this may cost us?

Thanks in advance...
Chad

Any input on this? I'd sure like to know which certificate (and from where I can purchase this) I need to provide SSL support for a single client's domain in our shared IP hosting scenario with Plesk Panel...

Thanks!

What we do is request an additional IP address for the particular customer, and give them a dedicated IP, and purchase an SSL for that domain.

You can buy SSL licenses here: http://www.cavallocomm.com/etools
We sell them from Starfield.

Any solutions for this that don't require dedicating an IP to this domain? I really don't want to go that route.

Back