• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Should I upgrade to 10.4 from 10.2

J

Jsawyer

We are thinking of upgrading from 10.2 to 10.4. Are there any improvements to the backup utility? 10.2 is running well for us minus I can not seem to get it to create backup sets. I have one huge zip file.

TIA
Josh

Did you read What's New here http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...-plesk-panel-10.4-for-windows-based-os.html#2 ?

[+] Backup Manager improvements. We added a number of new features to the Backup Manager tool, which make it even handier:

It is easier for administrators to find out the type of user who created a backup (administrator, customer, or reseller), as it is shown in the separate column at the backup tasks list (Tools & Settings > Backup Manager).
Panel users can now easily find out the reason of why a certain backup was failed. Panel shows the detailed error description in a separate field of a backup task.

Additionally, Panel prevents backup failures due to insufficient disk space in two following ways:

Administrators have the option to start a backup only if a Panel server has enough free disk space to store it (the option is available in Tools & Settings > Backup Settings). Be aware that this option significantly increases the backup time as Panel additionally has to calculate the size of the future backup. Note that on Windows platforms, Panel does not directly calculate object sizes but takes them from the database. As object sizes in Panel database are updated only once a day, the overall calculated backup size can differ from its real value.
Another option in Tools & Settings > Backup Settings is to start a backup only if a Panel server has the specified free disk space. This option is convenient when you approximately know the size of the future backup and do not want Panel to waste time and resources on calculating it.

Learn more about configuring backup settings

Back