• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Since Plesk support is now missing...

N

NightStorm

I'm tired of the bombardment of spam coming into my server. And since I'm already paying for spamassassin support, I'd sure as Hell like to be able to use it.
Does anyone know if there would be issues if I rpm -e psa-qmail spamassassin psa-spamassassin and then installed the rpms from 8.0.0? It's apparent that they don't plan on fixing the problems their upgrade caused me anytime soon, or else they would have updated the ticket in the last 24 hours, or at the very least logged into the server.

I'm assuming since you said that you would then install the packages from 8.0, that you are using a different version?

However, compatibility issues aside, you would lose all your client settings for spam, plus your database of filters. In addition, you may have control panel issues since there were differences, even if mild, on the control panel between them.

Perhaps you could set the differences manually through the control panel?

You might be better off going to atomicrocketturtle.com and looking for RPMs there that might fit your distribution. You would be in much the same issue about losing control panel support, but it sounds like your willing to risk it???

I'm using 8.0.1, and the upgrade already wiped all the users personal settings, so nothing would be lost on a downgrade.
ART causes massive problems on my machine since putting 8.0.x on there... as in dozens of copies of qmail-scanner-queue.pl running, and the server load going nuts. Not that psa-spamassassin is holding out much better, of course. And as for control panel issues, anything would be better than the issues I'm having now where the control panel simply pukes errors whenever someone attempts to change the spamassassin settings through the admin panel... through the user panel, the option is not even available (even when the admin setting is supposedly set to personal settings).
8.0.x has just been one disgusting nightmare after another on my machine... and evidenced by others on the board, I'm not alone.

Back