• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site Builder - Contact form module 'captcha' not working correctly

Ross K

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 10.4.4 Update #10 on Linux

Good morning,

We have an odd issue where one of the sites on our Plesk server cannot use the 'contact form' module when using Site Builder. When adding this form to the web-site, the captcha doesn't work correctly. When submitting the form, the message "The text you entered does not match the text provided in the picture. Reload Captcha" is displayed. No matter what, re-entering the captcha (correctly) results in this error being displayed.

The odd bit is that on another web-site built with SiteBuilder on the same server, this form works with no issue. It is just on this one domain so far that we've seen this problem. We have removed and re-added this module on the site but this hasn't made any difference.

I'd be grateful if anyone knows what could be causing this issue.

Kind regards,

Ross

Hi Ross,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're going to fix it in one of the upcoming micro-updates.

Morning custer

Just wondering if this has been resolved yet? If not, is there an ETA that we can pass to our customers?

Many thanks.

Hi Ross,

This bug will be fixed in the WPB 11. For 10.4.4 installations, fixing this is a bit tricky:

To ensure that this issue won't happen on new websites (that will be created after the patching), unpack the attached patch (overwriting files if necessary) to your WPB installation at /usr/local/sb/resources/site

To fix the issue for existing websites, you need to unpack the attached patch (overwriting files if necessary) to every affected website at /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/httpdocs (where domain.name is the name of domain with affected website). Republishing the website might be required after this procedure is carried out.

Please let me know if you have any questions -- I hope this solution resolves your problems. Thanks!

Attachments

• wpb_10.4.4_patch_93746.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi Ross,

This bug will be fixed in the WPB 11. For 10.4.4 installations, fixing this is a bit tricky:

To ensure that this issue won't happen on new websites (that will be created after the patching), unpack the attached patch (overwriting files if necessary) to your WPB installation at /usr/local/sb/resources/site

To fix the issue for existing websites, you need to unpack the attached patch (overwriting files if necessary) to every affected website at /var/www/vhosts/domain.name/httpdocs (where domain.name is the name of domain with affected website). Republishing the website might be required after this procedure is carried out.

Please let me know if you have any questions -- I hope this solution resolves your problems. Thanks!

Hi custer

This actually seemed to get resolved automatically in one of the microupdates. I'm not sure which one, but the site owner reported that it suddenly started working. I just checked myself and it does seem to be working without applying the patch - which is good news!

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue and providing a fix.

Kind regards,

Ross

Captcha

I have a site that is doing the same thing and I am running Plesk 11.09... but the site was created using web presence builder on 10.4

I have gone in and replaced the contact module using the new web presence biilder, but the form still says i am entering a wrong captcha.

Any ideas?

Hi ZopfWare,

If the solution I've outlined above does not help, I'm afraid you need to create a support ticket.

Back